Comment wars like this one remind me why I started this blog.
Pinning an image of a woman’s body on Pinterest? Watch out! If that woman is deemed slightly fat or slightly thin, you’re in for a comment war:
- Initial reactions: “Eat something/stop eating!”
- Backlash: “Who are you to tell them to eat something/stop eating?”
- Inevitable peacemaking: “Let’s all just love each other, okay? We’re all different sizes. Group hug.”
Usually, these comment wars remain quite civil–like the Cuban Missile Crisis, for example. Differing viewpoints are handled with tense diplomacy, and pinners who disagree can usually (narrowly) avoid nuclear war.
Natalie Gendleman? Not so much. She went atomic on an Adele pin, unintentionally producing more LOLs than tears.
Natalie will demonstrate why she doesn’t deserve the mercy of anonymity in her comments, which I’ve screencapped and posted below.
Hey, Natalie? It doesn’t matter if Adele is fat or not, or whether Marilyn Monroe is fatter (?). The problem is your belief that appearance is linked to what’s underneath. Being fat ≠ being evil and alone, the same way that “good hair and a tight body” ≠ popularity, success and love. No one proves the former better than Adele; could that be the source of your petulant mud-slinging?
The original pin, and Natalie’s skillful starting shot:
“Skillful starting shot” meaning an insult hurled with all the grace and accuracy of a drunken squirrel firing a antique musket. World, meet one of the most inelegant trolls on the internet.
The apparent inspiration for Natalie’s attitude? A clue from her Pinterest board My peeps:
Oh, Natalie. Blair Waldorf and the Duchess of Cambridge are way too classy to spend their time being inarticulate fatists on the internet.
Natalie’s insults and the resulting backlash go on for over 50 comments. Some highlights for your Pinfuriating reading pleasure:
“Grade-A troll” is slightly generous, no? Oh, and hurling demeaning insults back at Natalie only inflamed the comment war. Comments like, “Well at least your face matches your 7yr old boy body though. Grow up little boy,” are not helpful!
All the “good hair” and “tight body” in the world can’t compensate for Natalie’s complete lack of grammatical clarity and junior high lols. Some examples of her sparkling wit:
She sounds like a 11 year-old mean girl, without an 11 year-old’s understanding of internet privacy and consequences. Does pointing out the stupidity of Natalie’s comments make me a mean girl like her? I don’t think so; you don’t hear me hurling insults like the ones below.
Favourite Natalisms from the thread:
- im a human too. just a wittier one than you.
- youre hair is nappy nappy.
- im 20 years old. just for the record.
- you guys are just more mad because you have donkey faces and hippo frames.
- damn your parents are the ones who need some grammar lessons! dont they know that baylee is a dogs name??? haha woof woof
- hey fatties. missed you guys! sorry im not spell checking. I just know im talking to a bunch retards so i didnt think my spelling was relevant.
Well, this donkey faced, hippo framed “bunch retards” (or “tubby angry mom”) is sick of Natalie’s badly formed, juvenile comments. I’m going to go blast some Adele. Who’s with me?
I picked Turning Tables; Natalie may find the tune therapeutic if she ever finds and reads this post.